NOTE: This website is being updated. Thank you for your patience while links and pages are re-established.
If you cannot find something you need, please email Karen Kill at email@example.com or Celia Wirth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Clean Water Fund?
On November 4, 2008, Minnesota voters approved the Clean Water, Land & Legacy Amendment to the constitution to:
- protect drinking water sources;
- protect, enhance, and restore wetlands, prairies, forests, and fish, game, and wildlife habitat;
- preserve arts and cultural heritage;
- support parks and trails;a
- nd protect, enhance, and restore lakes, rivers, streams, and groundwater.
The Amendment increases the sales and use tax rate by three-eighths of one percent on taxable sales, starting July 1, 2009, continuing through 2034. Those dollars are dedicated to four funds: Outdoor Heritage Fund, Clean Water Fund, Parks and Trails Fund, and Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Brown's Creek Watershed District has been successful in obtaining the following Clean Water Fund state grants that have provided up to 75% of water quality improvement projects:
- 2019 Watershed Based Funding Metro - Brown's Creek Riparian Restoration
- 2019 Clean Water Fund Grant - Oak Glen Golf Course Reuse
- 2017 Clean Water Fund Grant - McKusick Road Stormwater Retrofit
- 2017 Clean Water Fund Grant - Brown's Creek Riparian Shading Accelerated Implementation Grant
- 2015 Clean Water Fund Grant - Long Lake Norell Ave Pond Retrofit
- 2015 Clean Water Fund Grant- Brown's Creek BC Trails Park Thermal Reduction Project
- 2014 Clean Water Fund Grant - Long Lake Neighborhood Water Quality Improvement
- 2014 Clean Water Fund Grant - Thermal Model Accelerated Implementation Grant
- 2013 Clean Water Fund Grant - Brown's Creek Countryside Water Quality Improvement
- 2013 Clean Water Fund - Brown's Creek Neal Ave Neighborhood Retrofit
- 2012 Clean Water Fund - McKusick Lake Iron Enhanced Sand Filter Project
- 2011 Clean Water Fund Grant - Brown's Creek Oak Glen Golf Course Water Quality Improvement
- 2010 Clean Water Fund Grant - Brown's Creek Stillwater Country Club Water Quality Improvement